Entering the Circle is a unique and powerful workshop for mothers and daughters to celebrate Coming-of-Age. Exploring menstruation and the related physical and emotional changes of girlhood – in a safe, honest and relatable way.
Using ritual and sacred space, stories - ancient and new - art, writing and facts, we wish to honor and guide girls and their mothers through the changes of adolescence.
This is a fun, creative, exploratory day to share the wisdom of women’s bodies through yoga, art, stories and ritual. An enjoyable and meaningful afternoon to connect with each other.
What we will cover: female reproductive anatomy and physiology, physical and emotional signs of menstruation, how to prepare for your first period, self-care techniques to increase comfort during your period and so much more!
- Does my daughter have to have started her period to be part of this workshop?
Not at all. Ultimately the goal of this course is to build confidence, reduce fear, gain self acceptance and deeply connect with your body and the divine feminine. It is a safe environment to begin the conversation around menstruation and puberty whether you have started your period or not.
- What is the age window in which we can join?
- The average age we see is typically between 8-14 years old. If you have a question about your girl specifically, please email us via the contact page.
- Do we need to be a mother/daughter pair to take this workshop?
- No, we invite young girls to bring any supportive female in their life.